Family and Home Network offers Transitioning Home workshops for parents who want to explore ideas, feelings, and experiences and learn about tools and resources. For parents who choose - or are considering the choice - to be an at-home parent as well as for those who were pushed or led home by circumstance.
The workshops and all materials are free.
Eight to twelve participants and a facilitator meet via video conferencing for 90 minutes once a week for six weeks. There are readings and reflections to do between meetings. Topics include:
· Expectations, personal identity and the potential for personal growth;
· The needs of infants and the critical importance of intimate, two-way mother-infant and father-infant relationships;
· Myths and realities of a home-based life and of sequencing (someday returning to paid employment), thinking about personal values;
- Financial considerations, sharing/dividing tasks and roles with a spouse or partner;
· Family, community, cultural and societal influences;
- Public policies and advocacy: inclusiveness, equality, freedom.
There are materials for reading between meetings, reflection/writing opportunities, and both individual and group exercises.
The workshops meet online in our Family and Home Community, please join our community:
to be notified of upcoming workshops (we don't share or sell your contact information) sign up for our ENews.